You have the power to reach for a better feeling thought!
Do you circulate thoughts that prevent you from feeling good? Do you find that you use words about yourself that are unkind? Are you searching for a way to uplift your thoughts to help you feel better?
This article will show you four easy techniques to help you uplift the way you feel.
1. Repeat “I don’t need to think about that!”
To help you put aside negative thoughts until you have had the chance to do your inner work, the following is a technique I learned from Abraham Hicks which I find extremely helpful.
Repeat to yourself over and over “I don’t need to think about that right now!”
It works… below is a little story of when I first used it. At the time, it was necessary for me to make a shift in my head as quickly as possible.
This particular morning, I was to hold an important public talk. The guests had struggled with mental health, so I needed to be the best me, I could be.
We had a storm in the middle of the night, and our fence had blown down and was resting heavily against my beautiful young trees. When I discovered it, I had to quickly go out into the storm and prop up the heavy, sodden fence as best I could, so there was minimum damage to my garden which I love so much.
When I was meant to be meditating to prepare, and getting ready for the talk, I was out in the storm, sodden and wind swept… and my thoughts were on insurance, prop fence, protect plants, who’s going to fix this, how much is this going to cost… etc and not at my very important task of getting ready for the public talk.
Knowing I had to shift my thoughts and centre my heart, after propping the fence sufficently, I remembered Abraham Hicks wisdom repeating over and over – “I don’t need to think about that right now!”
Thank goodness, because it helped me make the switch… the talk was a huge success and they asked for me to return for more.
You can always return to those other thoughts later, when you feel more relaxed and have an improved perspective!
2. Clock Face Technique
When you feel worry, anxiety and emotional discomfort, it is highly likely you are repeating negative sentences in your mind. To lift yourself up above this feeling, you will find the below ‘Clock Face Technique’ I also learnt from Abraham Hicks amazing! This technique will gradually lift the way you feel.
Clock Face Technique
Allow yourself at least 30 minutes to give yourself time to experience the shift. You will feel so much better as you gradually uplift your thoughts.
- On a blank piece of paper, draw a large clock face in the centre of the page, with the usual numbers 1 to 12
- Write in the very centre of the clock-face the sentence you repeat in your mind which engages a negative feeling inside.
- Beside the number 1 of the clock-face, write a truthful sentence which relates to the one in the centre, which helps you feel just a little bit better.
- Beside the number 2 of the clock-face, write a truthful sentence which relates to the one beside the number 1, which helps you feel just a little bit better.
- Continue to write a truthful sentence which helps you feel just a bit better until you reach the number 12.
Now listen to your emotions when you reach number 12 – and note how you feel.
I encourage you to spend the time to try the clock face technique when you have beliefs or thoughts which are really holding you back.
If you have thoughts which are immobilizing you, creating fear and stopping you from making change, this will help you remove that block. It is worth the effort! Please give it a go.
3. Allow a butterfly to take your thoughts away
By using your imagination, visualise a butterfly landing on your hand. Feel it’s delicate touch, and as you watch this butterfly, allow your thoughts to follow as it flies away.
This is a technique I teach at my workshops to help focus during meditation. It is perfectly normal to have thoughts come to your mind during a meditation, the tricky bit is letting them go – and this works beautifully.
Below is a video of my visual guided meditation ‘Letting your thoughts go’ so you get the idea, it’s the very first step I teach in Meditation.
You can experience it with eyes open and no sound because it’s been created to also serve the hard of hearing and the deaf community.
4. Activate your Intuition
Every inspirational leader began their journey by activating their intuition and listening to their very own high intuitive selves.
You can activate your intuition too – it’s easy and life-changing. You can activate your intuition for free in the online course called ‘Activate your Intuition’ on this website.
You will discover how intuitive writing is a simple practice and allows you to receive guidance and answers to your questions from a higher perspective. You will also:-
- Blend with your inner child – to allow more fun in your life,
- Ignite your voice – to inspire you to express yourself in different ways,
- Ignite your body – to listen to its wisdom and give it the support and self-care it needs,
- Ignite your heart – to learn how to soothe your emotions and discover how to place love in the way you respond to challenging conversations and situations,
- Ignite your peace – so you step out into the world each day in a vibration that allows more good things into your life,
- Ignite your curiosity – to discover the things you may wish to investigate in the future which make your heart sing,
- Ignite your creativity – to inspire you to allow those creative juices to flow and give yourself the gift of time to put into place more of what uplifts your spirit into your life.
This is the greatest act of love to yourself and when you do, the magic begins.
It is my intention through all aspects of my work to make an empowering difference in people’s lives. I hope to have helped you too.
I send you all my love,
Transformation Teacher|Quantum Hypnotherapist
Every inspirational leader began…
by activating their intuition.
Hi, I’m Robyn,
I love helping create confidence in those seeking personal spiritual connections.
If this is you, the free online course ‘Activate your Intuition’ is your very first step, and it’s easy to do.
With an active connection to your higher intuitive self, you will experience clarity, more harmony in your life, and radiate heart power with each new step you take.
The magic begins.
7 steps to allow love in your life!
Open yourself up for more love. Think of a time you gave love to a child, or a pet in the past. How did that feel? Notice how they received your love without expecting to give anything back in return.
This article will show you 7 steps in which you open yourself up and allow love into your life.
How to uplift your thoughts to feel better!
You have the power to create a better feeling thought. Creating your ideal future is easier when your thoughts are full of wonder and optimism.
This article will show you 3 powerful techniques to help you uplift the way you feel.
How to contact and nurture your inner child!
Everyone benefits from calling upon their inner child! You will be inspired to have fun! Your inner child will help you heal. Do you want to inspire more fun in your life?
Your inner child can’t wait! This article will show you how.
How to receive help from the Universe!
Do you find yourself overwhelmed by tasks? Do you tend to procrastinate, but really want to move forward? Are you confused about which direction you should head?
Support is at hand – the Universe is ready! This article will show you how.